Need a resume? Don’t know where to start?
Start at The Resume Lab at Lakeland Public Library! June 7 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Registration is not required however the Lab can only accommodate up to 8 computer users at a time on a first come first serve basis. There may be a wait if all stations are in use when you arrive.
The Resume Lab is a space where you can come in and get assistance in creating a new resume or improving an existing resume. Library staff and Maggie Miller, a Certified Career Counselor will be on hand to offer assistance.
We’ll be able to assist you with a variety of needs, such as:
- Creating a professional e-mail address.
- Evaluating a previous resume and offer tips on how to improve it.
- Show you how to save your resume online so you’ll always have a copy available.
- Learn about all the free resources to you through the My Career Shines website.
- Help you determine who to pick as your references.
Please come to the lab with all the materials you’ll need to create your resume and please be aware that staff will not create your resume for you.
The Resume Lab ends at 8:00 PM. Please arrive with enough time to complete your objectives before that time.
What to bring:
- Your E-Mail Address, Password, and Cell Phone, if available
- Your Previous Resume, if available
- Your Work History
- Your Education History
- Any Certifications you’ve earned
- Your References
Resumes will be created using a free website, mycareershines.org, which is funded through the Florida Legislature and the FDOE.
Questions? Contact either Rebecca Whalon 863.834.4212, firstname.lastname@example.org or Tariq Belhaj email@example.com